Roguestar 0.6.0.0 is now up on hackage. You can install and run with:
$ cabal install roguestar roguestar-glut roguestar-engine & ~/.cabal/bin/roguestar
The latest version brings:
- New monsters: Hellions and Dust Vortexes
- Underground dungeons
- Power-ups (hidden in the aforementioned dungeons) that serve to level-up the player’s character.
- Improved walking animation.
- It’s no longer possible to spawn with zero sight range.
- Fixed some of the worst of the user interface glitches.
Under the hood, I’ve also split RSAGL into a few topic-specific libraries and implemented value recursion in rsagl-frp. There is an experimental GTK-based client, but I don’t recommend it just yet, which is why it isn’t on hackage.